The 2020 Solar Decathlon Build Challenge needs your expertise.
Next summer, the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon Build Challenge will take place in Washington, D.C. as part of the 2020 Smithsonian Folklife Festival. Participants in the Challenge will demonstrate various solutions for a number of building types, focusing on efficient and innovative buildings powered by renewable energy.
The teams will compete and exhibit their solutions before a panel of industry expert jurors and will be working on their designs and build outs for two years - culminating in Washington, D.C. June 25 - July 5, 2020.
5 countries will be represented from around the world including the U.S., Netherlands, Chile, South Africa, and Canada. The teams who will be participating are:
- Hogeschool Utrecht University of Applied Sciences Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas
- Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, Missouri
- Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Valparaíso, Chile
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado
- University of Denver, Denver, Colorado
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Illinois
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada
- University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa
- University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario
- Weber State University, Ogden, Utah
The Solar Decathlon is currently taking nominations for qualified and respected leaders to serve as jurors during the event. They are currently looking for jurors for the following contests:
- Financial Feasibility & Affordability
- Market Potential
Contact Rachel Romero to nominate a qualified candidate!
Friday, July 26, 2019 10:19:00 AM